"We'll cross that bridge when we get there." That is what we naively said when the social worker approved us for two children during our homestudy, "just in case there is a sibling." Well guess what, we just walked up to that bridge. And, in my mind it is one of those shaky bridges made only of rotten wooden slats and rope to hold it up. We received a message today saying that Artyom's last name has been found out, but we should also know that he has a sibling. Now, many of you that know me know that I have always wanted a daughter. So here's my chance, right. Obviously, it's going to be a sweet, little blond girl that I could put bows on and immediately sign up for gymnastics....WRONG!
This is the message we received: "One other thing that you should know is that Artyom has an older brother, Vlad, he is in the eighth grade. I am not sure about other siblings."
Four boys! Two of which are teenagers!! To say that I feel overwhelmed seems like the understatement of the year!!!
We know that God has gone before us in this entire situation. That's why we are going to try to take all of our thoughts and fears out of the equation. If you read this blog entry, please take a couple seconds to say a prayer of clarity and peace about whatever decision that God would have us make for our family.
I'll keep ya posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment