So, I haven't written in a little bit because I have been busy redoing EVERY single piece of paper for our dossier to be prepared and ready. I don't know if this is normal or just me jinxing myself in an earlier post, but it is starting to get comical. We e-mailed our lawyer in Ukraine all of our paperwork, just to make sure everything was in order before we put it in the mail. Good thing! The list of corrections he sent back was daunting; dates wrong on this, names wrong on that, stamp wrong on the other one....(you get the point). We have now gotten our fingerprints 3 times! Honestly, aren't they on file somewhere after 1 time? Also, that moment in the DPS office years ago when I changed my name and the one many years later at the passport office have both come back to haunt me. Tara Leigh Alfred and Tara Trent Alfred are not necessarily the same person, and Ukraine will not be the one to be fooled! Hopefully, we can get all of this in order soon.
On a more exciting note, Our lawyer should be leaving in just a few hours to drive to the orphanage to give the boys the letter that Aaron and I finally wrote. We did change a couple of things, but it pretty much went like I predicted: "Wanna be our kids?"
We sent lots of pictures of the family, dogs, and the house. I don't know why I stressed so much, but I cleaned forever before taking those pics! I am pretty sure Artyom and Vlad won't be discussing it and say, "I would like to have a family, but did you see the dust on that coffee table? We should probably pass"
Oh yeah, we no longer have a pink wall. Two trips to the paint store and three coats later, we have 1 "flaming red hot" wall!
No comments:
Post a Comment