Friday, March 30, 2012

Introducing Vlad!


We finally have a picture!  These pictures were taken after the boys were given the letter about the adoption.  I am going to let you guess which one immediately said "yes" and was "joyful" about the idea of joining our family.  The other seems to be a little more reserved, and has remained "silent about being adopted" (our lawyer's words).  We don't see this as bad news. The older a child is, the more they will have to process and think about.  Remember also, that Artyom has met Aaron and has received correspondence and gifts from our family.  This is the first time that Vlad has heard anything about us.
This is a huge decision that he has to come to on his own.  We are praying that God will stir his heart to desire to be apart of our family and calm any fears and reservations that he may have.  I wish that we could look into his eyes and communicate the love that we all already feel for him. 
I hope it wasn't the dust....

3 comments:

  1. Praying for his heart Tara. What a BIG, SCARY decision that is for a child, even an older child. Man Yu was so scared even after we adopted her because she didn't know what we were going to DO to her :( Poor thing was so incredibly brave and put on a big smile only to tell me how afraid the day we adopted her, 7 months after being home. Any chance you can send him a care package also?


    ~Branda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been discussing doing that. If not for any other reason but to let him know we care about him and care for him just as much as Artyom. I know there is probably so much going through his mind, and we have no idea the information he has been given about Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have room in your care package, I would love to send them each a cap. I know Caleb loves them, and would like the boys to know that Grandma Donna cares for them too.

    ReplyDelete