Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A 14 Year old Boy

It all comes down to tomorrow...2 years of praying for these boy's hearts (well, 1 for Vlad, but only cause we found out about him late) will culminate tomorrow.  4 days since last Friday have been spent at the orphanage; trying to calm the fears that they so obviously have.  Tomorrow (Thursday) the boys will either commit to being adopted or reject our request.  Basically, the future of a 14 year old boy and an 11 year old boy are in the hands of a 14 year old boy.  A 14 year old boy who has lived in an orphanage for the past 7 years and had to grow up way too fast.  The emotional tiredness at the end of the day is something that I have never experienced.  Not only the weight of the adoption, but spending time with many of the kids...it's hard.  So many faces, so many stories, so many heartaches.  We were there with the missionaries today; I don't know how they do it week in and week out. 
I'm cold, I'm tired and, if my mind was not consumed with this adoption 99% of the time, I would be going crazy missing Trent and Cal.  Thank you all for the prayers; they are carrying us through!

No comments:

Post a Comment