Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Race Set Before Us

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.
                                            Heb. 12:1

Tolic (older and younger), Sasha, Artyom (another one), Nastia, Luba, Yaroslav, Katya, Nadia, Zhenya, Marina, Alex, Dima and countless other kids that I either didn't remember names or never could pronounce...all of these kids affected me during our time at the orphanage; some in good ways, some in not so good ways.  In the end, whatever we are called to do, I will never be the same.  Some my heart hurts for, others inspire me at their strength and still others lead me to pray for them even when I don't understand their actions.  This place is not what God intended.  These kids shouldn't be in this place; this place of survival.  I urge you to pray for this orphanage and for the many others in Ukraine.  Also, for the many people that we have met along the way that have made it their life's mission to make a change here.  Daniel and Janna Ross are two of the missionaries that visit these kids weekly among the countless other ways they are serving this country.  They have a great blog that you can follow their story:
http://rossinukraine.blogspot.com/
Unfortunately, we haven't reached any decisions yet.  We are still patiently waiting on God to direct us in the way He would have us go.  Whatever the direction, we will finish this race strong!





Home is nice.  I don't think that my bed has ever felt this comfortable!  We got home on Sunday, and Aaron and I took the boys an overnight trip to the woods Monday night.  We thought we needed to get away and reconnect and laugh a little.  I did not, however, intend for the guys (Aaron included) to become involved in a cow patty war, but the joyous laughter may have made it worth it!  

The less offensive game, "cow patty baseball"

1 comment:

  1. Privet/Privit from Ukraine!

    This is Aaron from Komarovka. I googled your first names and the village to get here. I'm glad that you had a safe trip back to the US. I'm sure that your boys missed you a lot. Camping sounds great - make sure you tell them about how people go out into the woods after mushrooms here (don't try it at home!).

    I see that your return to Ukraine is imminent. My contact information is Aaron.B.Koenig.14@dartmouth.edu by email or +380931695894 by my Life Ukrainian cell phone. If you will be in Chernigiv Oblast', feel free to contact me.

    Keeping your family in my thoughts and our prayers at Dim Molitvi,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete