So, if you've been saving your prayers, now's the time to use them! We go with our lawyer and a social worker tomorrow to meet with the boys and with the director of the orphanage. There are a lot of different aspects to this visit that all need to work together! Please pray specifically for our lawyer, Dima; the social worker assigned by the court; the boys, Artyom and Vlad (especially); and the orphanage director. Aaron and I will be leaving Kiev in the morning around 6:30 and we aren't sure when we will be back. We will be staying near the village at least through the weekend so that we can spend as much time with the boys as possible. We hope to calm as many fears as we can and start to build a lasting relationship with each of them. I may not be able to update for awhile, since I have no idea what the Internet situation will be like where we are staying. All I know at this point from Doug (the missionary friend that lives in Smile House) is that it will be a "true culture experience". Good thing I'm always up for an adventure!
Here are some pics from our day around Kiev:
 |
| Outside of St. Sophia's cathedral from the 11th century |
 |
| Group of Ukrainian service men getting their picture taken |
 |
| Aaron the very steep street that we had to walk up to get to the Child Department |
 |
just because everyone deserves to see a unicorn car once in their lives
Everyone should check out the amazing ministry that Karen Springs has started in Ukraine. She runs a hospitality house for families that are adopting from Ukraine. We have stayed here since we arrived and it has been such a blessing!http://hospitalityhousekiev.blogspot.com/ |
Thanks so much Karen!
No comments:
Post a Comment